Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an illness that can affect your lungs and airways
Guidance to keep you safe when attending your appointments
While coronavirus has put limitations on all our lives, it is important that you or your baby or child still have routine vaccinations, test and are able to attend to see your GP after initial triage, therefore the way we see patients has changed and the requirements when attending will be different.
To assist you before your visit the following guidance will help you prepare yourself and family if you are coming to the surgery.
Travelling to and from your appointment
When travelling to and from your appointment, please follow guidelines which include travelling by car, bike or on foot if possible, keeping a safe distance from others and washing your hands regularly. For more details, go to www.gov.uk and search ‘staying safe outside your home’.
When attending your appointment
When attending your appointment, we will be putting in place a range of measures to minimise any risk of COVID-19:
• social distancing measures will be observed.
• PPE will be worn by our clinicians.
• A temperature check will done on all patients attending the surgery.
• You will be asked to wear a face covering (mask) to protect all.
• A different entrance to the surgery may be used such as the rear gate.
• we may have asked you to attend your appointment at a clinic that is not at your usual venue;
• the appointment may take longer than usual.
Due to the ongoing response to COVID-19, our service may have a reduced number of appointment slots available. If you choose not to attend your appointment, please contact your GP practice. It is always helpful for us to know why so we can help you with any concerns you might have. If you still don’t wish to attend the appointment, it can be offered to someone else.
You must NOT attend an appointment if you or any member of your household are suffering from any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 or are self-isolating.
If this applies to you, please the reception team so that you can reschedule your appointment for a different time.